Gynecology - Michigan Healthy Healing After Delivery Program
Dee Ellen Fenner, M.D.
Anne M. McLeod, M.S., R.N., B.S.N.
Janis Miriam Miller, Ph.D., APRN-BC
Designed to assist women during their postpartum period, this program offers help to women who experience any of the following symptoms after delivery:
- fecal incontinence
- urinary incontinence
- non-healing episiotomy
- painful episiotomy
- 3rd for 4th degree lacerations
- anal fissure
- difficulty emptying the bladder (postpartum urinary retention)
- vaginal bulge (pelvic organ prolapse)
- rectovaginal fistulas
- painful intercourse
The Michigan Healthy Healing After Delivery Program provides:
- extensive experience in evaluation of bowel and bladder incontinence
- experts trained in postpartum care including world renowned urogynecologists who partner with nursing consultants and social workers to provide a broad range of care
- specialized diagnostic testing within the clinic
- individualized pelvic floor assessment
- a comprehensive pelvic floor muscle strengthening program
- Counseling: some women may have concerns about their next pregnancy. The Michigan Health Healing Program offers assistance with decision making and dealing with fears that may arise.
- Prevention: our program teaches diet and lifestyle changes to promote healthy living and the prevention of future incontinence problems.
- Pelvic Floor Muscle Training: Consultations with a PhD nurse continence expert and physical therapists in the treatment of urinary and bowel incontinence are available.
- Surgery: Surgery is never the first option. If warranted, however, a surgeon specially trained in gynecology will be able to provide information about the risks and benefits of surgery.
Appointment Number: 734-615-7380
A. Alfred Taubman Health Care Center
1500 East Medical Center Drive
Floor 1 Reception: E
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5734
Maps & Directions: