Director: James Wallace Teener, M.D.
The Neuromuscular Clinic provides special expertise in evaluation and treatment of disorders of the peripheral nervous system, neuromuscular junction and muscle. Disorders for which specific diagnostic or treatment protocols are available include:
- inflammatory neuropathies
- amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and other motor neuron disease
- diabetic polyneuropathy
- hereditary neuropathy
- toxic neuropathy
- myasthenia gravis (MG) and other disorders of the neuromuscular junction
- inflammatory and degenerative myopathies muscular dystrophy
- metabolic myopathy including mitochordrial disorders
The initial neuromuscular appointment frequently combines the electrodiagnostic and clinical appointments, for patient convenience and to avoid duplication of effort. The EMG laboratory at the University of Michigan Medical Center is a leader in education and service, providing a variety of services including single fiber EMG and autonomic testing.
Additional services associated with the neuromuscular clinic include nerve and muscle biopsy, ischemic muscle testing, therapeutic plasma exchange, intravenous immunoglobulin therapy and other immunosuppressant protocols.
Appointment Number: 734-936-9006
A. Alfred Taubman Health Care Center
1500 East Medical Center Drive
Floor 1, Room 1324, Reception: C
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5322
Maps & Directions: