Gastroenterology Specialty Clinics - Michigan Bowel Control Program
The Michigan Bowel Control Program strives to increase understanding of the physiology of conditions, to implement new therapies and technologies where indicated and to improve treatment results for patients through ongoing clinical trials and basic science research.
The Michigan Bowel Control Program offers:
- Diagnostic testing completed quickly, with coordinated appointments to maximize convenience for the patient;
- Expertise in endoscopic procedures provided by gastroenterology clinicians and colorectal surgeons as well as expertise in specialized pelvic floor nerve and muscle testing through the GI Physiology and Manometry Laboratory;
- UMHS surgeons with extensive operative experience in colorectal and urogynecological interventions;
- A comprehensive pelvic floor muscle strengthening and biofeedback program provided by physical therapists;
- New treatments such as sacral nerve stimulation, SECCA (radiofrequency treatment of the anus) and the artificial bowel sphincter; and
- Rapid reports to the patient's primary care or referring physician.
Appointment Number: 734-615-7380
A. Alfred Taubman Health Care Center
1500 East Medical Center Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5734
Maps & Directions: