|Suggested Pre-Referral Evaluation and Management Guidelines
Criteria for referral
Do not refer:
- Historical reason for hypopituitarism (history of hypopituitarism, childhood growth hormone deficiency, pituitary tumor, craniopharyngioma, neurosarcoidosis, cranial radiation, pituitary surgery, head trauma, hypophysitis, pituitary metastasis, medications causing hypopituitarism, diabetes insipidus and others).
- Patients with history of head trauma who have normal screening blood tests
|Suggested Additional Test/Management Prior to Specialty Visit
Please obtain the following tests:
- Insulin-Like Growth Factor (IGF-1), IGF1 (LAB526)
- Growth Hormone, GH (LAB525)
- Thyroid Stimulation Hormone,TSH (LAB129)
- T4, Free, FT4 (LAB127)
- Prolactin, PRL (LAB531)
- Luteinizing Hormone, LH (LAB87)
- Follicle Stimulating Hormone, FSH (LAB86)
- 8 AM, Cortisol, CORT (LAB61)
- Adrenocorticotropic Hormone, ACTH (LAB511)
- Basic Metabolic Panel, BASIC (LAB15)
- Women: Estradiol, ESTRA (LAB523)
- Men: If BMI < 30: Testosterone, TESTO (LAB124):
- Men: If BMI >30: Testosterone, Bioavailable, TTBS (LAB839):
Pituitary MRI is not required, however, if the patient has had one, the patient should bring CD of images and report to appointment.
|Patient Education/Information (includes preps)
Routine. If expedited referral needed, referring physician should explain reason for request
|How to Get Results to Consultant
||UMHS Patients: See MiChart
External Patients: Hard copies of abnormal test results, ultrasounds, CT scans and MRI's that support the suspected diagnosis are required in order for a patient to be seen. Please fax these, along with the MEND Outpatient Consult Request Form, to: 734-998-1438.
If you are unable to fax information, the patient can hand carry non-UM records to the visit.
|Clinic Contact Information
Physicians: 800 962-3555
Patients: 866 266-5211
|Clinic Location Sites
||The primary site for Hypopituitarism care is the Domino's Farms MEND ACU. Patients are also seen at Brighton, Saline, Chelsea, East Ann Arbor, and Northville UM Health Care Centers.
Brighton Health Center
Chelsea Health Center
East Ann Arbor Health Center
Northville Health Center
Saline Health Center
|UM Consulting Physician