|Strong family history of breast and ovarian cancer/BRCA gene mutation carriers
|Suggested Pre-Referral Evaluation and Management Guidelines
- Consider visit with genetic counselor (Dr. Merajver's office - Kara Milliron)
- Tamoxifen and Raloxifene
- Prophylactic surgery (bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy [BSO] and/or mastectomy) are commonplace in highest risk women. Consider visit with gynecology (Dr. Pearlman) to discuss risks/benefits/timing of BSO.
- Annual mammography, yearly breast MRI, and twice annual breast exams
|Suggested Additional Test/Management Prior to Specialty Visit
- Offer genetic counseling and referral to Dr Merajver's clinic.
- 3 generation family history for cancer should be documented.
- Written informed consent will need to be documented before genetic testing - MI state law.
- If presence of pancreatic cancer in the family history, refer to GI to discuss pancreatic cancer screening options.
|Patient Education/Information (includes preps)
||Provided at time of visit
If asymptomatic, within 4-6 weeks
|How to Get Results to Consultant
||UMHS Patients: See CareWeb
External Patients: Please fax to 734-763-7672
|Clinic Contact Information
Patient: 734-763-6295 (OB/Gyn)
|Clinic Location Sites
East Ann Arbor Health and Geriatrics Center
Mott Children’s Hospital and Von Voigtlander Women’s Hospital
|UM Consulting Physician
Mark David Pearlman, M.D.
Sofia D Merajver, M.D., Ph.D.
Lisa A. Newman, MD, MPH, FACS
Plastic Surgery reconstruction evaluations:
Edwin Grant Wilkins, M.D.